problems with bittorrent

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Jun 13 19:58:51 UTC 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 3:45 pm, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Monday, June 13, 2005 3:38 PM -0400 Claude Jones
>
> <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:
> > I have installed bittorrent and configured my firewall to allow tcp on
> > ports  6881-6889. I followed the exact same procedure on two FC3
> > machines. One is  working just fine. The other just wants to download the
> > .torrent file. I've  read several bittorrent faqs, I found four of them,
> > and looked through the  rest of the documentation, but I can't get a
> > solution. Does anyone have an  idea what else I could check?
>
> What command line are you using?
>
> For me, I just grab the .torrent with wget and then run:
>
> btdownloadcurses.py --url /path/to/torrent/xxxx.torrent

Ok, thanks, I see what you guys are telling me now. On my home machine, I just
clicked on a torrent file from my browser and the process started. Using this
command line method, I did get a window to open but the result was:

error(s):[15:53:57] Tracker announce still not complete 59 seconds after
starting it

|          [15:54:57] Tracker announce still not complete 119 seconds after
starting it

|          [15:55:57] Tracker announce still not complete 179 seconds after
starting it

|          [15:56:06] Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (110,
'Connection timed out')>

Does this imply there are too many connections for the initiation of the
process?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA