FC4 Torrent Slow? Or, is it just me?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Jun 13 22:21:04 UTC 2005

Callahan, Michael wrote:
> I'm using good ol' ncftp and a mirror and am just about done after 5 hours.
> I'm still a bit leery of torrents, though I understand and, conceptually at
> least, applaud their goal.

Took me just a hair over 6 hours to download both the "binary cds" and
the "dvd" via the torrent.  Never saw much over 300kB/s on my 10MB line
and it was usually closer to 80-160kB/s, and the uploads were only
25kB/s on each torrent until I was done downloading when they jumped to
42kB/s each (768kb/s upload limit).  So, I'm doing my part, I'm still
uploading!  B^)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com