FC3 up2date

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jun 13 22:40:27 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 14.06.2005 schrieb Steve & Julie Croteau um 0:09:

> I just installed FC3 a few days ago and used up2date to bring in the updates.
> The system was fully 'up to date' until today when I noticed there were 7
> updates available.  When I attempted to update the system I received the
> message saying that my computer was already fully updated, yet the update
> notification icon remains a red exclamation mark and says there are still 7
> updates available.  What's going on??

> Steve

This question concerning up2date and the RHN notification applet
disharmony comes up frequently. From given information I can't be
specific, as I don't know which repositories you did set up and how you
use them - static entries or dynamic mirror selection -, but typically
such a difference in reports come from different mirrors being asked
which do not have the same state (one has update the other does not have
so far).

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 00:33:35 up 20 days, 23:11, load average: 0.81, 1.01, 1.07