boot manager and SATA/HD

Brian Schmidt bts at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jun 13 23:32:07 UTC 2005

I recently built a new machine, which has Windows XP installed on a SATA
drive.  (I'm also new to using SATA.)  I then installed FC4 on the first
regular, parallel hard drive (hda).

However, I'm a little confused by the way things get handled with SATA
being on there now.  In the past, I just chose to write to the MBR and on
reboot, got the menu to choose.  That doesn't happen now and I'm guessing
it's got to do with the SATA.  I left it at the default, which I believe
was to have it write it to hda.

So how/where does one go about installing GRUB in a way that I will get
that boot manager again?  Where should I have actually installed it?

TIA,
Brian