FC4 Torrent Slow? Or, is it just me?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Jun 14 00:20:35 UTC 2005

chuck clark wrote:

>it does seem a bit slow,60-80kb/s compared to the 900kb/s speed i had
>downloading knoppix the other day.

That's normal. When a swarm gets that big that fast , the average speed
tends to be slower , according to my experience with torrents.. As soon
as the number of seeds grows, the speed should improve.
I'll try to do my part. Got the i386 DVD/CD and the x86_64 cds
downloading on my uni network right now , so probably I'm giving around
300KB/s on those torrents.. I'll resume seeding the x86_64 dvd tomorrow
, since it's on my USB hdd that I brought home :p

--
Pedro MAcedo