FC4 Torrent Slow? Or, is it just me?

Kurt Hansen khansen at charityweb.net
Tue Jun 14 01:04:39 UTC 2005

>>>I was getting the same speeds you are experiencing until I changed
>>>from Bittorrent to Azureus and checked the Azureus FAQ regarding the
>>>yellow status icon. Found that I need to change the UPnP setting on my
>>>router. If you are using a router with NAT enabled make sure that UPnP
>>>is enabled.  Instead of 6-20 kB/sec I am now observing 200-220 kB/sec.
>>>

>>I am using Azureus, and that port is open. So thats not it. Anyway it's
>>up to 70 kb/s and my max is 80 so that's good.
>>
>>ETA 8h 36m

Thanks for all your help. I tried Azureus, port forwarding, port
triggering, and UPnP, and nothing worked. I'm running out of tech terms
to try.

I'm beginning to think there is a bug in my wireless router -- Netgear
WGT624 -- or my ISP is blocking the port. I've bypassed the router and
shutoff the firewall to no avail.

Oh well, back to the tried and true...

Take care,

Kurt