OT: Set layer transition time in GIMP

Paul Almquist paul at almquist.name
Tue Jun 14 03:42:04 UTC 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 16:02, Andy Pieters wrote:
> Hi
>
> I realise this is off topic but my message doesn't seem to get trough to
> the GIMP mailinglist.
>
> I am making an animation in the Gimp and I want to export it to .gif
> format. However instead of having a fixed delay on layer transitions, I
> would like to be able to set that delay layer per layer.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Take a look at this:
http://www.tldp.org/linuxfocus/English/July1998/article51.html

the key is to change the layer name to something in the form:
text (XXms)

where:
      text is some identifying info like the frame number
      XX is the desired delay for that frame in milliseconds
      ms  means millisecond (don't know if you can specify different units)

then saving select the "save as animation" option in the gif save dialog.

have fun.

--
Paul Almquist
paul at almquist.name