FC4 Torrent Slow? Or, is it just me?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Jun 14 04:39:54 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 18:21 -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>
>>Callahan, Michael wrote:
>>
>>>I'm using good ol' ncftp and a mirror and am just about done after 5 hours.
>>>I'm still a bit leery of torrents, though I understand and, conceptually at
>>>least, applaud their goal.
>>
>>Took me just a hair over 6 hours to download both the "binary cds" and
>>the "dvd" via the torrent.
>

> with jigdo - you would have only needed to download one, and jigdo could
> have created the other from the files on the one.

I mount the DVD image through a loopback interface, and I burn the CDs
to CD-Rs.  And I'll probably upgrade by using "yum upgrade" when I'm
ready to actually to it (that's how I upgraded to FC3 from FC2 6 weeks
ago).  I want "official" images, and I'm not interested in using jigdo.
  Sorry.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com