Testing the FC4 CD's after burning

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Jun 14 14:18:18 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:09:04PM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Having problems when testing the FC4 CD's after having burnt them: Only
> on SCSI CD drives the left as passed, but on an USB Liteon DVD they are
> left as defective (no IDE drives!, no IDE-DMA!). Each Fedora release,
> the same problem :-((
>
> --
> Best regards

Have you tried to run the media check by booting with ide=nodma
option?

Your digestive system is your body's Fun House, whereby food goes on a long,
dark, scary ride, taking all kinds of unexpected twists and turns, being
attacked by vicious secretions along the way, and not knowing until the last
minute whether it will be turned into a useful body part or ejected into the
Dark Hole by Mister Sphincter.  We Americans live in a nation where the
medical-care system is second to none in the world, unless you count maybe
25 or 30 little scuzzball countries like Scotland that we could vaporize in
seconds if we felt like it.
		-- Dave Barry, "Stay Fit & Healthy Until You're Dead"
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484