k3b giving higher speed media detected error message

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Jun 14 20:52:48 UTC 2005

Kam Leo wrote:
> On 6/14/05, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:
>
>>Mark Sargent wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>just tried with a 1-4x disc, and can burn @ 4x. Anyone got any idea why
>>>it won't recognize the 4-12x disc.? Cheers.
>>>
>>>Mark Sargent.
>>>

>>An obvious question.  What type of drive?  Make and model please.
>>There may be some underlying issues that are known.
>>
>>--
>>Robin Laing
>>

> You missed some later threads. The OP thought he inserted 4x-12x CD-RW
> when he actually inserted 12x media into his 4x drive.

That is possible, I must take some time away from this list and do
some work from time to time.  :)

His player may have a firm ware upgrade that may help in this case.
But it does point out the issues with media.  I never knew about the
different types of media and some of the limitations.

This list can be educational.

--
Robin Laing