FC4 on DFI Lanparty: no network

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 15 07:59:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 12:47:04AM -0700, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 02:35:50PM -0700, cromworshipper-fedorastuff at yahoo.com wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:35:50 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: <cromworshipper-fedorastuff at yahoo.com>
> > To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> > Subject: FC4 on DFI Lanparty: no network
> >         For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> >
> > I have Rev A of this motherboard:
> > http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=1524&CATEGORY_TYPE=MB&SITE=US
> >
> > I just installed FC4 this morning, and it didn't find any network adapters.
> > I installed one FC4 test release, I don't recollect whether it was test3 or
> > test4, which worked out of the box.
> >
> > How do I make this work?  I guess I'll try to install the nVidia platform
> > driver tonight: http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.0-0301

> Was this the x86_64 version of FC4?

Woops I looked and this is not one of the 64bit DFI lanparty boards.

However, the below still makes sense.
First tell us what chip you have
then we can help map a driver to your lan chip.

In a pinch find an common inexpensive PCI card.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new place to hang my hat :-)