FC4 - no sound with Intel 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW

Tóth Imre imre.toth at arxnet.hu
Wed Jun 15 09:22:57 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've same problem in my system (Hp Pavilion zd7050ea). The problem is in
the kernel config, here: under "Device Drivers->Sound->Advanced Linux
Sound Architecture->PCI devices"

You see here:
<M> Intel/SiS/nVidia/AMD/ALi AC97 Controller
<M> Intel/SiS/nVidia/AMD/ALi MC97 Modem (Experimental)

The problem is a second module... If your kernel has include this two
module, your sound card not work. If you remove the second point (MC97
Modem) in your kernel config, and you rebuild the kernel, your sound
card will be work.

Bye, Emeric