I detected a panel already running

roland brouwers roland at cat.be
Wed Jun 15 10:37:40 UTC 2005

Hello everybody,

When I start VNC and login with root I get the message "I detected a
panel already running"

On the other hand when i start a terminal session and start the command
system-config-printer I get the message:

> Xlib: connection to "localhost:1.0" refused by server
> Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> RuntimeError: can't create const
> Xlib: connection to "localhost:1.0" refused by server
> Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/system-config-printer", line 9, in ?
>     import queueTree
>   File "/usr/share/printconf/util/queueTree.py", line 72, in ?
>     import gtk.glade
> ImportError: could not import gtk._gtk

What is this?
I also found in /var/log/secure the following:

> Jun 15 11:43:24 localhost userhelper[2495]: pam_timestamp: timestamp file `/var/run/sudo/roland/unknown:root' has unacceptable age (1212080 seconds), disallowing access to printconf-gui for user roland

God is watching me.

Thanks for your help
roland

roland at cat.be