jre and other plugins in FC4

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Jun 15 12:26:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 12:44 +0200, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> I would like to know how i can install java jre in FC4 (it seems we not
> must install it from sun due to incompatibility) ? It says on release
> note to use package from jpackage but which one ?
> After that how to enable java plugin in firefox ?
> And how to install macromedia, realplayer and mplayer plugins ?
> Thanks

You need to create your own java rpm's starting with the nosrc.rpm from
jpackage.org
This will result in an rpm for the plugin as well.
I have the process for fc3 detailed here -
http://mpeters.us/linux/j2sdk.php
I need to update it for fc4. But you should be able to get the idea.

Macromedia - check the list archive, there's a repo for that.
realplayer - the rpm on this page worked in fc3 -
http://www.real.com/linux/
mplayer-plugin - check at http://rpm.livna.org/