FC4 unable to reconfigure network from eth1 to eth0

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Jun 15 19:03:07 UTC 2005

FC4 up and running on a Dell 600m laptop.  Upgraded from FC3 using the
DVD image.  Upgrade went very smoothly.

While waiting for Linuxant FC4 driverloader, I'm using my wired ethernet
connection, eth0.  Using system-config-network tool, I've enabled eth0
and disabled eth1.  eth0 is configured to activate on boot and to allow
users to control.  Problem is a reboot doesn't see the new configuration
and the settings I've saved previously in system-config-network are
gone.

I've verified that /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0
and /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/defaults/ifcfg-eth0 contain the
right settings before rebooting.

Any suggestions?
--
Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us>