Fedora on Powerbook

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 20:37:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Bryan Elliott wrote:

> I just got Fedora Core 4 loaded on my powerbook. So once it boots up
> initializes the hardware and then the screen goes black and I can't get
> it to do any thing else. I know that it is in the config for the video
> but how do I get to a place that I can fix it?

Boot it into text mode ('linux 3' at the yaboot prompt) and it shouldn't
start X. If that doesn't help, it may be a problem with the framebuffer
console...

In the future it would help to have more details on your hardware to aid
in diagnosing the problem. Tell us things like what video card and CPU it
has. :)

Best,
-- Elliot
You can accomplish anything you want, so long as you don't care who gets credit for it.