FC4 DVD boots, but asks to insert proper insall cdrom...

David Liguori liguorid at albany.edu
Thu Jun 16 14:15:18 UTC 2005

Casper wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I just downloaded FC4 DVD with torrent, then checked cheksumm and then
> burned it to DVD. After I booted I answered couple of q. and then it
> asked from what media I want to install Fedora, I answered from cdrom...
> It then said that I have not Fedore Core install cdrom, ejected my DVD
> and asked proper fedora install cdrom...
> What is problem? I even can`t check is DVD ok...
> I have laptop Toshiba Satellite with combo: hdc: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM
> SD-R2412, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive, 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)
>
> thnx for FC4,
>
> Casper

I had the same problem running mediacheck on a Dell Dimension 2300 after downloading and burning on that machine.  It has one DVD+RW drive and one CD-ROM.  Good thing I wasn't planning on doing the actual install on this machine.  :-)  It all worked fine on my home machine (which also has two drives).

Did you try removing one of the drives?

 --
David Liguori