FC4 and YUM

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jun 16 15:48:10 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 16.06.2005 schrieb Truls Gulbrandsen um 19:32:

> please, can someone tell me; is the following yum.conf also good for FC4?
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/samples/yum.conf

> Truls Gulbrandsen

I was never a fan of that monolithic yum.conf style (Max, please forgive
me :) I know the reason why you are publishing it this way). I heartily
recommend to create separate repo files below /etc/yum.repos.d/. And
further, some things changed. So at least I see the repository structure
is actually different to whats in the FAQ yum.conf.
With other words: do not use the yum.conf as it is there, but try to
understand what it intends and I am sure you will learn some nice things
from it. Also have in mind that mixing repositories can lead to some
frustration (we read about package collisions here on the list
frequently); though many repositories are disabled in the FAQ yum.conf.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:43:37 up 23 days, 16:21, load average: 0.23, 0.12, 0.10