Fresh FC4 install issues

AdabalaP at schneider.com AdabalaP at schneider.com
Thu Jun 16 18:43:41 UTC 2005

Yuan thanks!

I tried the Driver "vesa" vs "trident" and it worked. Now i have a working
"X".
But the current display uses 256 color display. The right color display
when i used FC3 was "thousands of colors". If i change it, i get multiple
screens overlapping each other.

Any cool tips, thanks again.

                      Yuan Yijun
                      <yuan.bbbush at gmail.        To:       For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
                      com>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Re: Fresh FC4 install issues
                      fedora-list-bounces
                      @redhat.com

                      06/15/2005 07:45 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Yuan Yijun; Please
                      respond to For
                      users of Fedora
                      Core releases

2005/6/16, AdabalaP at schneider.com <AdabalaP at schneider.com>:
> Hello all,
> I tried to performed a graphical install but got a "white screen", So
> switched to test based install, Installation went fine. Now i get the
same
> "white screen" when i rebooted.
> Has any one seen this issue ?
>
> Details: Model - Compaq Presario, Video Card - Cyber Blade

try Driver "vesa" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
of course you need to enter runlevel 1 to modify the config file

--
bbbush ^_^