[Fedora] FC4 'find' command is finding wrong hard link count

Tom Broadhurst tombro at usa.net
Thu Jun 16 23:35:01 UTC 2005

I understand this is not a critical problem - yet, and I understand the
principal behind /proc but, this hasn't happened to me in more than 10 years
using Redhat/Fedora.
So something has either changed or something's broken.
I routinely use "find / -name ......", so how do I eliminate /proc from the
search path?
The suggested -noleaf option pertains to the 2 hard links "." and ".." in
every directory, including /proc. A 'ls -al' of /proc shows them clearly.
A simple "If it don't work right, don't use it" (my words, not yours), is
not an acceptable answer, unless it comes from the filesystem or find
command developers.

Thanks for your response, Tom