FC3 Yum & Firefox

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri Jun 17 02:41:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 21:11 -0500, M.Lewis wrote:
> According to Firefox, I'm running ver 1.0.2. Yet, if I go to
> https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?application=firefox&version=1.0&os=Windows&category=Bookmarks
>
> it states that I'm not running the current version 1.0.4 and I need to
> upgrade to that version before I can access the extensions. I haven't a
> clue why in the URL above it shows WinBlows.
>
> If I try yum upgrade firefox, it says there are no updates.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or have the updates just not made it into the
> yum sites yet?
You are missing the updates released repo. BTW, "upgrade" probably won't
be around much longer. Use "update."

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

--