[Fedora] Re: [Resolved][FC4] Missing documentation?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 17 12:23:37 UTC 2005

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

> There is another reason why I like doing this: it's
> easier to install missing packages afterwards - they're already exploded
> and ready to go.  I keep a live tree of both the Fedora install discs as
> well as the SRPMS discs (and updates) that I can access at any time.

This is a good point.  Personally, if I'm setting up more than one or two
machines, I just go ahead and create a local yum repo and do HTTP
installs.  That way you have both an install point and place locally for
base packages.

However, if it is going to be a one off type thing, I generally just use
NFS and the ISOs.  It is also handy for quickly getting older releases
installed, after I have already removed the local yum repo.

--
William Hooper