FC4 and jre-1_5_0_03-linux-amd64.rpm

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Sat Jun 18 01:21:36 UTC 2005

Michael,
    Thanks for the url to the jpackage 1.5.0 noscrc rpm. However if
I read these notes correctly on that web page, there are no plugins
for the browser for amd64. I noticed that when I downloaded the non-rpm
amd64 .bin files. Since Sun doesn't appear to have amd64 builds of
j2se or j2sdk 1.4.2 at all, I guess this means that there is no java
support for the firefox browser under FC4 x86_64. At least not through
plugins and I've never done it any other way than that under linux.
               Jack