FC-4 -- unhappy experiences

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Jun 18 04:30:44 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 11:45:22PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > Since I install on many different SCSI-only machines and it works, it
> > might not be completely irrelevant.
> To me this is a little like going to a car repair facility,
> and saying "My VW is not working properly",
> and the mechanic says "I've got a VW, and it doesn't give me any trouble".

Your original message was complaining about Anaconda development, and
strongly implied that the problem was with Anaconda not working on all-SCSI
systems. To use your analogy, it's like you come into the mechanic and say:
"My car keeps driving into telephone poles! Driving never seems to work with
these VWs. I don't think their engines are designed very well."

> > My guess is that on yours, it's simply not auto-loading the right drivers
> > properly and that if you select them manually, it may work.
> How exactly do you do this?
> I'm willing to try anything.

Since your system is actually *crashing* (did you say exactly where? it
wasn't clear), I don't think that's it after all.