After F3>F4 upgrade yum will update 699MB!

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Sun Jun 19 00:01:26 UTC 2005

On 06/18/2005 10:32 PM, Leopoldo Olmos wrote:
> A few days after upgrading FC3>FC4, yum update give me the following
> list of pending updates:
[...]

> Transaction Summary
> Install     22 Package(s)
> Update     265 Package(s)
> Remove       0 Package(s)
> Total download size: 699 M
>
> My previous -FC3 installation- was an "everything install" but I am
> wondering if this is normal.

Looks normal. If you look at the repository column you will find that
there are numerous packages from the extras repository. As the packages
in the extras repository is not updated during the upgrade, you will see
a lot of packages being updated the first time you run "yum update".

As a side note. I see that you have a large number of kde-i18n-*
packages. You could remove the ones in languages you do not use. That
will save some space (also look at the languages used by openoffice.)

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/