unable to write/create new files using gnome editor..

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Jun 19 13:14:53 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 02:23:53PM -0700, bruce wrote:
> update...
>
> i've verified that i did something.. but i'm not sure what...
>
> if i do a chmod -R 777 foo, then i can use gnome to edit/create files, as
> this essentially is opening up the dir structure to everyone... which is not
> the setup that was there initially...
>
> still not sure as to what changed, or what led to the change....
>
> any pointers/thoughts???
>
> -thanks
>
> -bruce

I am not sure what you are asking. If you have a directory with
permissions 700 you can't created files in the dirctory unless you are
its owner. Are yu asking whaqt is the minimum permissions on a
directory that will allow non-owners of the directory to create files
in the directory?
Someone is speaking well of you.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science