FC4

C. Beamer cbeamer at interlynx.net
Sun Jun 19 13:06:29 UTC 2005

Hi All,

On Thursday, I installed Fedora Core 4.  Although I know I don't have
to, I install fresh every time a new Fedora release comes out - I have a
thing about not having excess files on my system.

Anyway, I use KDE as my desktop manager and I also use a KDE program
called Krecipes, which I usually get via svn.  When I got the files I
needed for the install and attempted to install the program, my
configure failed.  I got a message about gcc being banned.  I know that
Fedora Core uses gcc 4.0 and this has been patched to fix a bug.
However, when compiling KDE apps, this version of gcc is not
recognized.  Is this a Fedora issue or one that should be addressed by
the developers of gcc?

Regards,

Colleen