Dell Precision M60 Wireless NIC in FC4

Ernest L. Williams Jr. ernesto at ornl.gov
Sun Jun 19 16:03:48 UTC 2005

Hi,

On my DELL Precision M60 I have a DELL TrueMobile 1400 (802.11a/b/g).

I would like to finally get this one going without using any
contamination from Windows (i.e. don't want ndiswrappers)

Is the DELL TrueMobile 1400 equivalent to ipw2100 or ipw2200?

The folks that use ndiswrapper have a line like this:
ndiswrapper -i /windows/C/DRIVERS/STORAGE/BCMWL5.INF

This makes me think that we are dealing with broadcom, hmmm?

I am sure DELL is not making their own wireless NICs; what is the real
wireless NIC in the DELL M60?

Thanks,
Ernesto