corrupt fc4 disks

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Sun Jun 19 20:07:54 UTC 2005

On Sunday 19 June 2005 21:40, Langer, Christian wrote:
> I have downloaded fc4 images a couple times, and each time when I do the
> check of the image, the message is it is corrupt; does anyone know what
> I am doing wrong?
Do you mean that you checked the iso files against the hashes or that you have
run the media check on the installer?

If the latter, I have seen many recent threads on this list stating that the
media check fails, but install works!

In the case of the former, the iso's where using md5 hashes, whereas now they
use sha1 hashes.  Be sure to use the propper tool (sha1sum) instead of
md5sum.

HTH

With kind regards

Andy Pieters