REinstalling packages with yum ?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 19 22:45:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

Is it possible to tell yum to reinstall a package that is already
installed, with affecting any dependant packages ? A remove followed by
reinstall will of course remove all dependant packages which I don't want.

I actually think of the reinstall option available in synaptic with APT.
I've just updated from FC3 to FC4 and I think a few packages could do
with being reinstalled to fix some minor niggles. I had similar issues
when I went from FC2 to FC3 and the reinstall feature in synaptic was
very useful.

cheers Chris