Help with wireless adaptor setup in FC4

Gezim Hoxha gezimetc at telus.net
Sun Jun 19 01:33:43 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 09:08 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:

> Get packages required to compile and install software.
>
> yum install gcc openssl-devel kernel-devel

Knute,

First thing is first. You've got a cool name.
Second, I was trying to install kernel-devel from CD4 using the .rpm
file. Why should I use RPM or YUM? I know that YUM can manage the
dependency installation better, but I also read/heard that RPM is good
for managing the installed software (I could be mistaken).

Thanks,
-Gezim