CD permission denied for users other than root -- HELP

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Mon Jun 20 02:47:31 UTC 2005

redhatdude at bellsouth.net wrote:

> Hello
> When I log in with the user I created during installation I get the
> following error if I double click on the CD
>
> Error while intializing the sound driver:
> device /dev/dsp can't be opened (Permission denied)
> The sound server will continue, using the null output device.
>
> What can I do to solve this?
>
> EJ

This sounds familiar are you using FC3?  Anyway, try relabeling your
files by opening a terminal and executing (as root)
touch /.autorelabel
when you reboot the system will automatically relabel all selinux
labels.  If this does not fix your problem, you might try the archives.
I am sure I saw this problem after FC3 was released, and that it had
something to do with SELinux.

Good Luck

Scott