dhcpd refuses to start after fresh FC4 install

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Jun 20 15:36:30 UTC 2005

On Monday 20 June 2005 10:44, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> The policy patch covers 3 issues. The part relevant for your dhcpd issue
> is just:
>
> .............snip............
>
> *if you want to put your hands on the policy file yourself*. Else wait for
> an official policy update package.

Thanks for your explanation. I'm still a little unsure about applying such -
I'm a little gunshy right now because I hosed my FC3>FC4 upgrade yesterday,
and built this box back up as a fresh install. This I did because there were
so many things screwed up about my machine that it had become a giant time
sucker distracting me from other things I needed to do. My firewall is not
permitting any dhcp services on the outside interface, so for now, I think
I'll just turn Selinux off for dhcp until the update package is available.
Unless you see some huge danger in that....

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA