No speaker sound, FC4

David Liguori liguorid at albany.edu
Tue Jun 21 13:21:40 UTC 2005

I've seen variants of this, here and on Bugzilla, some resolved: attempting to play a wav file through an SB Audigy 2 Platinum under FC4, I have sound only through the front panel headphone jack, not through the main (front) speakers.  I found the preferences tab on the Alsa mixer and clicked the check box for "external amplifier" there and under "switches" where it then appeared.  Unlike in at least one other case, this did *not* work: I still have no speaker sound.

Under FC3 this just worked, without changing any settings, and it still does under Windows, so I know the speakers must be muted in software somewhere.  I just can't find where.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 --
David Liguori