Anaconda: Install from live system to fake root

Darragh Bailey daragh.bailey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:41:59 UTC 2005

On 6/17/05, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> Darragh Bailey wrote:
> > I've been looking to see if it is possible using anaconda to get it to
> > install to a directory on the current system treating it as the root
> > directory without having to repartition or install over the existing
> > system..
>
> The script at http://www.iruntheinter.net/files/misc/run-anaconda-1.0
> might be what you're looking for.

It gets closer, but the basic problem I experience is that anaconda
still seems to expect to have to partition the disk space. I would be
nice to be able to skip this step but it doesn't appear to be
possible. It looks like I'm just going to have to use a spare disk
space for the moment until I either rebuild the kernel on the host
machine to have the correct relevant modules for nbd support. Or hack
anaconda.

--
Darragh Bailey
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"