FC4: unable to initialize mutex: Function not implemented

Dan Barnes danhbarnes at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 04:24:28 UTC 2005

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I have been getting the following message when trying
to add software to the system.

I am running Fedora CORE 4.

When I try "rpm -Uvh arts-*.rpm" or "rpm --rebuilddb"
I get the following:

   unable to initialize mutex: Function not
implemented
   rpmdb: /var/lib/rpm/__db.001: unable to initialize
   environment lock: Function not implemented
   error: db4 error(38) from dbenv->open: Function not

   implemented
   error: cannot open Packages index using db3 -
   Function not implemented (38)

I have looked in several Fedora lists and used Google
to try to find a solution, but, no luck.

Thanks

Dan Barnes