newbie upgrade question? Fedora 2 to Fedora 3 or 4

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 22 07:29:59 UTC 2005

Jack Taffar wrote:
> Sorry, I was mistaken. The hardware is 32 bit also.
>
> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 13:45, Jack Taffar wrote:
>
>>I am running 2.6.10-1.771_FC2 #1 Mon Mar 28 00:50:14 EST 2005 i686 i686
>>i386 GNU/Linux on a PC class 64 bit machine, however, I am running 32
>>bit software.
>

> Jack Taffar
> Information Systems
> Comperio
> (Latin)  to find out , discover, gain certain information of.  known,
> undoubted.

Most people here will tell you to clean install FC4, then install your
required applications again.

What I can tell you from my experience, is that ever since Linux 5.2,
I've pretty much always done upgrades.

There are usually a few more niggly problems with upgrades, but none I
couldn't fix so far.

In either case, I suggest you back up as much as possible before trying.
I've never needed the backup yet, but you never know.

Regards,
Ed.