Browsers for those IE-only sites

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Wed Jun 22 17:44:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 20:35 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Having failed at using certain websites with Opera, Konquerer, and
> Firefox, I feel the need to install yet another browser on my FC3 box.
> Can anyone recommend a browser that might succeed where the big three
> have failed? I usually use KDE but am open to gnome projects as well,
> as they will run in my KDE desktop anyway.
You already listed the (graphical) three engines available for Linux:
Opera, KHTML and Gecko. Any other browser uses one of these engines. So
if your website doesn't work with these, you are out of lock. Either you
force the web designer make a better web site, or you must try to run IE
with wine (horror).
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49