FC3 screen freezes

Kenny Gow kgfedora at swbell.net
Thu Jun 23 03:58:55 UTC 2005

Nancy Merckle wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> I'm new to FC3. A friend installed it for me over the Memorial Day
> weekend.  On several occasions over a 15-18 day time frame, when I came
> upstairs to work on it, I found the screen frozen.  (Other times it was
> fine.)  The only way I could get the system back was a reset or power
> down. Then one night after work I came home to find the screen waiting
> on input for the xorg.config program.  Since I didn't know how to handle
> it (then) I quit out of it and did some Internet research.

Have you tried disabling the openGL screensavers? Just a guess, but in
the past I remember having some problems with screen lockups with some
openGL screensavers so I deselected them. Also had some issues with
the screensaver power management of my monitor.

You didn't mention whether the screen lockups happened when you were
logged in or logged out (with the login screen showing). I've had some
different screen lockup issues with the login screen which I finally
solved by adding a ServerFlags section to my xorg.conf file.

--Kenny