Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect()

Cameron Beattie kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Thu Jun 23 04:04:55 UTC 2005

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate list to ask this question, however

I am running FC2. I get the following message in the apache log file:
[client 192.168.0.15] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:
mysql_pconnect()
I think everything is installed correctly:
rpm -q php-mysql
php-mysql-4.3.10-2.4
rpm -q httpd
httpd-2.0.51-2.9
rpm -q php
php-4.3.10-2.4

phpinfo()
dbx
dbx support enabled
dbx version 1.0.0
supported databases MySQL ODBC PostgreSQL Microsoft SQL Server FrontBase
Oracle 8 (oci8) Sybase-CT
Configure Command '--with-mysql=shared,/usr'

mysqld is running

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Regards

Cameron