fc 4: Up2date Problem

Xia Bin thefinalxia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 04:56:16 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've noticed that my up2date icon is always displayed as in "ok" status
(the blue mark). But in fact I've already manually updated many packages
via yum.

Why my up2date status always stays in "ok"? Is it a misconfiguration or
should I just get rid of RHN since it doesn't work?

And:

It'll take a long time (1 min, I think) till the up2date icon show up in
the panel. During that time, the whole desktop is "freezed", which means
I can't active any icon nor the main menu.

I did a quick search with both google and the fedora forum, nothing
useful found. I may get something if my workload isn't that high, so I'm
now hoping you nice folks here can give me some tips. I'm still new to
Linux and any idea is to be appreciated.

Thanks!