How to stop file browsing creating new folders?

James Bridge james at xmas.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 07:50:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 01:48 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 20.06.2005 schrieb Bo Berglund um 1:44:
>
> > I am coming from WinXP and the Explorer in XP can be set to open new
> > folders in the same window (with a back arrow to return).
> > On FC4 I tried to navigate the disk with the desktop home icon, which
> > brings up an Explorer-like view.
> > However, in the configurations I could not find how to stop it from
> > creating all these new windows when I walk to a file way down a tree.
> >
> > Is there a setting to control this, or is there a better file system
> > navigator even?
> >
> > Bo Berglund
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nautilus-spatial
>
> Alexander
I only recently noticed this: if you right-click on a file the first two
options are Open and Browse Folder. "Open" generates all the new windows
but "Browse" does it the way you want - but the window is bigger and has
the directory tree panel. Once you have got this window, clicking on a
file opens it in the existing window.
--
James Bridge <james at xmas.demon.co.uk>