How can I remap the control keys on the keyboard?

Typhoon tanfeng at infinite.com.cn
Thu Jun 23 08:48:34 UTC 2005

My mini notebook's keyboard shares the arrow keys(Up/Down/Left/Right)
with browsing keys(PageUp/PageDown/Home/End),
which is not convenient while surfing the Internet or reading an article.
I found the keyboard has four control keys (Alt_R/Win_R/Context/Ctrl_R)
which I rarely use, so why not make use of them?
After one hour of work, I have successfully remap the four control keys
to browsing keys respectively on  the Windows XP by hacking the
Registry, It works great.
But  I still have not tried out the way to remap on my Fedora Linux
after two days, I added the following lines in the file
/etc/X11/Xmodmap:

  keycode 0x138 = Home
  keycode 0x15c = PageDown
  keycode 0x15d = PageUp
  keycode 0x11d = End

But the X does not care of these.

It seems the loadkeys also does not allow to override these keys.
Is there anyone know about it ? Any help is appreciate.