Your experiences with S-ATA drives?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Thu Jun 23 09:50:11 UTC 2005

I'm considering to buy S-ATA drives for my new FC3/FC4 machine, but I'm
wondering whether I might run in endless trouble with them. There are so
many reports here about problems to get FC 3/4 even installed.

I consider to buy: Shuttle SN95, AMD 64 nForce3 Ultra with internal S-
ATA Raid 0, 1, 0+1 (the one, where S-ATA is supposed to work)

I would like to use 2 drives in a Raid 1 (mirroring) configuration.

Can someone report success with this kind of configuration (and perhaps
give some hints about installation issues?)

Thanks in advance
Peter