X server not reponding

Dan Track dan.track at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 12:35:20 UTC 2005

Hi

Thanks for that. It was well worth reading.

Unfortunately its still not working. I'll tell you what I'm doing.

my box -----> intermediary box ------> remote box

between each I am using ssh -X ( I tried -Y aswell). Now that X is
listening to port 6000 ( although I don't know why I need to do that
if the display is going to be forwarded by ssh) I tried another app
and I got this:

 gthumb
Xlib: connection to "80.7.169.154:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

(gthumb:24715): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Any ideas.

Thanks
Dan