IDE to USB

Winston Percybrooks wpercybrooks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:50:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

Here is the output of 'dmesg' when I plug the device:

usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
usb-storage: device found at 2
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: HL-DT-ST  Model: DVDRAM GSA-4163B  Rev: A103
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 00
Attached scsi generic sg0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0,  type 5
usb-storage: device scan complete

According to GNOME 'hwbrowser' application the device is located on
/dev/scd0 but I can't still mount it.