FC4 openoffice.org calc BETA?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Jun 23 17:30:55 UTC 2005

Stefan Held wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 22.06.2005, 11:06 -0600 schrieb Robin Laing:
>

>>I have used the beta at home and work and I have found it much better
>>than 1.1.4 so I would not worry to much as being a beta.
>>

> Humn, some say so, others cry about buggy features a few months ago i
> have thrown all this office crap into the Trash and now i am a happy
> LaTeX User :-)
>
> I'll hope that 2.0 is really getting that better.
>
> Not for any offence, the M$ Produkts aren't this good as well.
>
> If you have large Documents with a lot of images inside you get with all
> this office products the feeling that the Number 666 was an idea of an
> Textprocessor Developer :-)

A few months ago the beta was allot different.  I found bugs then as well.

Around work here, LaTex is becoming the main tool for creating
documents as it allows "you" to format the document and not MS Office.
  And of course it works for those that don't do Windows.

I have done some stuff in OOo 1.1.4 that could not be done in MS
Office due to the why it formats.

--
Robin Laing