Yum update problem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jun 23 18:21:51 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 23.06.2005 schrieb William Steibel um 20:03:

> When I attempt "yum update", I get the following error message. Using my
> newly updated FC4 from FC3. I appreciate help or a yum.conf file that
> works in FC4:
>
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more
> mirrors to try.

> Bill Steibel

Different reasons possible:

1) You DNS is broken and the server not reachable
2) You have an old (from FC3) yum setup for livna.org which points to a
non existing repository directory. I guess that is the case.
rpm.livna.org changed and stable | testing | unstable does not exist any
longer.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:19:41 up 2 days, 4:33, load average: 0.60, 0.60, 0.52