How can I use CD Player? [SECOND (better) question]

ryan ryanag at zoominternet.net
Fri Jun 24 16:09:55 UTC 2005

>I don't think that should be my problem, since, I can
>listen from CD on Windows.
>Something seems to be wrong...
>Hoffmann

Windows does not use this cable, it uses the IDE channel. This might be your
problem.

What media players have you tried? Did you try Zinf?
http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/packages/zinf/info.html

As root, type "alsamixer", is your CD drive volume turned up?

Out of curiousity, can you rip your CDs using k3b, then listen to them?