Yum repros wanted

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Jun 24 19:56:35 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 14:36 -0500, John Bray wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 21:21 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:38:53 -0400, Temlakos wrote:
> >
> > > Extras did surprise me when, the first time I configured my system (back
> > > in FC3) to use extras, I got twenty-two updates of packages (like
> > > anjuta) that I had installed from dag or at-stable or freshrpms. So
> > > their selection is moving up. I'd like to see the process move a bit
> > > faster, that's all.
> >
> > Which process? Packagers at Fedora Extras can update their packages any
> > day any time. There is no process which slows them down. Except the people
> > who need to GPG sign the built binaries and push them into the repository.
>
> FORKED TOUNGUE ALERT!  FORKED TOUNGUE ALERT!  FORKED TOUNGUE ALERT!

Hi John,

I don't understand the above.  Maybe theres some humor that I'm missing
or perhaps you're just trolling.

In any case, speaking as someone who maintains a few (very few) packages
in Fedora Extras, I think Michael's comments are correct.  I can and
have edited packages at my convenience (through CVS) and received builds
and updates within a reasonable time frame.  And I'm optimistic that the
FE maintainer experience will get better as the build system improves.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307